This utility will be handy for people who would like to leave their computer unattended for some time before automatically turning it off (logging off a user, rebooting it, sending it into hibernation or stand-by mode). TOff can perform these tasks at a certain day and time (one time or every day), as well as after a certain period of mouse & keyboard, CPU or network inactivity with the seconds discrepancy. I used it every time when I left my computer at the office to download some stuff from the Internet and then to turn it off at night so that it looked as if nothing happened in the morning.
(1) Can shutdown, reboot or log off almost every Windows operating system that has Advanced Power Management (APM) enabled (Check Control Panel -> Power Options);
(2) Any system that supports hibernation can be hibernated on timer (i.e., switching off your computer without closing running programs);
(3) Any system that supports stand-by (or Sleep) mode can be sent into it on timer;
(4) Provides a log for the last operation (so that you can check if power operation occurred on time);
(5) Can be set to run every day, or every time current user logs on;
(6) Can perform all of the above operations after a certain period of PC, CPU, or network inactivity;
(7) Can run in various safe modes to prevent unsafe execution of a power operation;
(8) Can be run from a command line to perform additional operations;
(9) You can save the state of the program in a MS DOS batch file to run it with the same settings later.
The author of this web site and of this particular software guarantees that this program does not contain any deleterious or harmful material to somehow adversely affect your computer. All software posted on this web site is the custom-built software that was designed primarily for my personal use. I test it for some while before posting it here. Although, due to the fact that we all are human, I do not exclude possibility for this software to contain errors and unintended glitches that may present misinformation in programmatic meaning and/or affect your OS stability. If such is the case, let me know through the feedback on this web site all the info about the software glitch(es) and I will do all my best to correct them and supply you with the latest version. And the last, before downloading and using this software you must realize that you do that "as is" without any expressed or implied liability from the author.
Any of the source code files you may receive from this web site are provided for you solely for the educational purposes. Before receiving the actual source code package you will have to provide some basic information about yourself as well as the reason why you want to download these source code files. Having received these source code files you are allowed to do the following:
(1) Modify and compile the project on a single computer as long as you are not intending to distribute the source code and/or compiled EXE file (even if you preserved the initial copyright information);
(2) Copy small parts of the source code functions (algorithms) into your own projects, provided they are not intended for the mass distribution;
(3) Copy and use source code excerpts into your own educational literature (web site), provided you preserve the copyright notice;
(4) Extract and use unmodified algorithms (methods) from this source code into your own project intended for distribution, provided you specify the author's name and contact info in the About window of your program as the reference to the algorithms (methods) you used.
All other ways to use the source code files provided herein are strictly prohibited!